The system is composed by a WI-KEY and a WI-LOCK.
The WI-KEY is composed of: wireless power transmitter, a small battery pack and a microprocessor board with wireless functionality.
The WI-LOCK is composed of: wireless power receiver, a microprocessor board with wireless functionality and an electric device that allow the unlocking movement.
When the WI-KEY reach the WI-LOCK (hidden inside the wall, or inside the box or other), the WI-LOCK gets the power supply. The microprocessor system will be able to startup and to connect wirelessly with the WI-KEY, if the code of the key match with the authorized ones, it will unlock the lock, recording this action. All these unlocking request could be read by an authorized device true WIFI connection (smartphone or tablet), of course while a WI-KEY is present. As soon as the WI-KEY is outside the wireless power supply range, the WI-LOCK will lock the device; closing the door it will lock immediately.
As the wireless power supply needs to have the transmitter and the receiver quite close to each other, the wireless power receiver could be placed near the external side and just the 2 wires go inside the strongbox; in case of very thick wall it’s possible to place also a wireless antenna outside the strongbox to make the wireless connection possible.
Wireless is the best choice because:
1) There are no batteries inside the strongbox, this prevent any kind of acid leak from the batteries and malfunction of the power supply system, because it’s not there.
2) No external power supply needed, so it’s possible to use it everywhere.
3) No mechanical part visible from outside. It’s very easy to make a secret hiding.
4) Double security feature: power supply + coded wireless connection to unlock.
5) Possibility to have many keys, the internal data logger will register each key that unlocks the system.
6) It’s not possible to forget it unlocked, without the key the system will lock automatically, as soon as the door close, it will be locked.
Warning: Illegal string offset 'sidebar_pos' in /var/www/vhosts/open-electronics.org/contest/wp-content/themes/enamag/sidebar.php on line 14