Challenge Wireless Power
Wireless Power Challenge
Sponsored by IDT and Würth Elektronik
WELCOME TO THE
WIRELESS POWER CONTEST!
Wireless power transfer was first demonstrated by –Nikola Tesla– in the 1890s; however, it is actually only in the last decade that the technology has been harnessed to the point where it offers real, tangible benefits to real world applications.
The basis of a wireless power system is essentially two coils: a transmitter and receiver coil. The transmitter coil is energized by alternating current to generate a magnetic field, which in turn induces a current in the receiver coil.
Introducing our Wireless Power Contest
We’ve partnered with –Integrated Device Technology, Inc.– and –Würth Elektronik– to find new applications for Wireless Power.
Show us your ideas on how you want to use the Wireless Power Kit developed by Futura Elettronica. The Wireless Power Kit includes an FT1235 5W transmitter and an FT1236 5W receiver.
Discover all the features of the Wireless Power Kit on our blog.
Joining our wireless power contest is easy:
- Step 1: Register on our site
- Step 2: Submit your Wireless Power idea, you could win 1 of 100 Wireless Power Kits by Futura Elettronica
- Step 3: Build and submit your project with the Wireless Power Kit and WIN!
Step 1: Register your name on our site
- Create a free account on contest.open-electronics.org, and register for the Wireless Power Contest by clicking “Log in“.
Step 2: Submit your project idea and enter to win free a Wireless Power Kit
- Click “Submit your Idea/Project”, and in the dashboard complete the “Idea” template.
- Share your vision explaining how you would build it
- We will select the top 100 ideas based on quality, originality and practicability, and we’ll send them 1 of 100 Wireless Power Kits by Futura Elettronica
Step 3: Give life to your idea with the Wireless Power Kit!
- Click “Submit your Idea/Project” and in the dashboard complete the “Project” template.
- Describe your project.
- In detail, include a description, a scheme, pretty pictures, clear instructions, the components you used, the source code and anything else needed to make your project.
- The three best projects will win these awards:
- First Place: 2 Channel 200MHZ Oscilloscope with Waveform Generator;
- Second Place: 2 Channel 70MHZ Oscilloscope;
- Third Place: 1 single-Channel 1MHZ Pocket Oscilloscope;
- First Place: 2 Channel 200MHZ Oscilloscope with Waveform Generator;
1. Invitation to participate in the contest
The subject of these rules is the performance of the “Wireless Power Contest” powered by FuturaGroup srl, which has its registered office in Gallarate (Italy).
The invitation to partecipate is addressed to those meeting the inclusion requirements provided by following rule 3.
The Wireless Power Contest is organized through a partnership with the sponsors Integrated Device Technology, Inc., –Würth Elektronik– and –Futura Group srl-.
2. Objective for the “Wireless Power Contest”
The purpose of the “Wireless Power Contest” is to promote and develop the entrepreneurial creativity of independent designers and to reward the most deserving projects.
In compliance with these rules, submissions demonstrating design excellence will be identified and awarded prizes in accordance with standard competitive methods and the provisions of the following points.
3. Intended recipients of the “Wireless Power Contest” and excluded subjects:
Entry the “Wireless Power Contest” is free of charge. For legal purposes, persons entering the contest must meet the following requirements:
– Be at least 18 years of age,
– Not be involved in the execution or administration of the contest
– Not be a resident of North Korea, Cuba, Sudan, Iran or Syria
– Not be an employee (or the immediate family or household member of an employee) of IDT, Würth Elektronik or Futura Group srl.
4. Procedures and terms to submit requests to participate in the Wireless Power Contest:
The subjects identified to the preceding rule 3 may participate in the contest by meeting these deadlines:
Before midnight on October 31, 2016, submit the idea for the “Pre-contest Idea”;
Good News: the deadline has been extended till November 30. Go ahead by submitting your idea to get one of 100 Wireless Power Kit for free to make the project and run for the 3 best prizes: WIN an Osciloscope!
• Before midnight on February 28th, 2017 complete the form to present the project.
5. Requirements for the submitted project
The core element of projects submitted to the “Wireless Power Contest” shall be a hardware electronic system.
To be eligible, an entry must meet all of the following content and technical requirements:
- All ideas must be submitted in the English language.
- Each entry must be original.
- All qualified contestants have the right to participate in the “Wireless Power Contest”.
- Entries cannot have been selected as a winner in any other contest.
- Contestants must have obtained any and all consents, approvals or licenses required for submitting the entry.
- Entries may not include any third party trademarks (logos, names) or copyrighted materials (music, images, video, recognizable people) unless permission to use the materials has been given by the owner.
Upon submission of candidature, subjects participating in the “Wireless Power Contest” shall state, that they fully indemnify and hold harmless the organizers, promoters and sponsors from any proceeding or claim made by any third-party, for infringement of any of the provisions, and for the maximum term permitted by law.
Additional requirements if submitting entries for the final prize (if applicable):
- Each project must be fully documented.
- Each final project must be submitted within the “Projects” template.
- Each final project must consist of the following materials:
- Building instructions
- Working prototype.
6. Evaluation criteria
Futura Group srl, IDT and Würth Elektronik will judge all entries and select winners based on the following criteria:
- Creativity and originality (maximum 25 points)
- Project documentation (maximum 20 points)
- Code (maximum 30 points)
- Practicability (maximum 20 points)
- Impact on people’s quality of life (maximum 15 points)
- User experience (maximum 15 points)
- 2-5 minute video (maximum 10 points)
- Votes by other registered users (20 points for the design that earns the largest number of votes, 15 for the second, 10 for the third)
- Detailed photos (maximum 5 points)
7. Progression of the “Wireless Power Contest”
The “Wireless Power Contest” will progress through the following stages:
(a) Pre-contest idea submission (before midnight on November 30, 2016):
- If you are not already a member, create a free contest.open-electronics.org account and login under your account.
- Register for the contest by clicking “Register as a participant” on the main contest page.
- Submit your idea by clicking “Submit your Idea/Project” and filling in the form.
- Only one submission per person will be accepted.
- Teams of any size are allowed.
- Contest participants agree to pay any local tax or duties at customs if applicable in order to receive the Wireless Power Kit shipment.
(b) Contest project submission (before midnight on February 28th, 2017):
- Build your project using Wireless Power.
- Sign-in to your account and add your new project by clicking the + symbol at the top right-side of the screen and follow the submission template.
- Share detailed instructions for buildings your design with images in the story section.
- Share the bill of materials.
- Share the electronics schematics.
- Share the source code (optionally via GitHub or Bitbucket).
- Share the CAD files if any.
8. Selection of subjects admitted to attend the “Wireless Contest” and selection of the winner
The selected participants, upon completion of the first stage of the contest (rule 7, a), will receive by e-mail a notification , with attached forms to be completed in order to receive the Wireless Power Kit to participate in the final stage of the contest. In the event that the selected participants do not fill in the forms transmitted (within 7 days from the send date of the e-mail), the organizers reserve the right to elect another person.
The finalists selected in the second stage (rule 7, b) of the contest will receive an e-mail notification concerning their qualification and a forms to be completed in order to receive the prize. In the event that the selected finalists do not fill in the forms transmitted by the deadline, the organizers reserve the right to elect another winner. The selection of winners, as well as the jury evaluation is irrevocable.
- First Place: 2 Channel 200MHZ Oscilloscope with Waveform Generator;
- Second Place: 2 channel 70MHZ Oscilloscope;
- Third Place: 1 channel 1MHZ Pocket Oscilloscope;
We reserve the right to make a prize substitution of equivalent or greater value if needed.
10. General terms, conditions and grounds for exclusion from participation in the “Wireless Power Contest”
The organizers have the right to cancel, modify or suspend the “Wireless Power Contest” at any time, as well as its contents, aspects or selection criteria.
We will not award a prize if there are no eligible submissions entered in the applicable challenge, or if there are no eligible contestants or submissions for the applicable challenge. The organizer is also entitled, at its sole discretion, to exclude any participant who engages in the following:
a) Breaches the terms and conditions of these rules;
b) Attempts to alter the regular performance of the “Wireless Power Contest”.
If, upon irrevocable evaluation by the jury, any participants in this contest emerges as one of the winners, but has been judged in a suspicious or fraudulent manner, or in breach of the normal and correct performance of the “Wireless Power Contest”, the participant shall not be awarded the prizes won, and the appropriate measures will be adopted.
In all cases, the jury reserves the right to proceed with terms that are deemed more appropriate, and in compliance with the laws in force, so as to limit and inhibit any initiative intended to circumvent the selection system.
Without prejudice to the above, upon submission of candidature,the participant agrees to all of the following. (if you do not want to grant us the following rights to your entry, please do not enter this contest):
a) Participant authorizes the promoters, organizers and sponsors to use the participant’s name and image for promotional purposes, as well as the name, image and symbols identifying the project submitted.
b) Participant authorizes the promoters, organizers and sponsors to make available for the public the material of the project.
c) Participant grants us an irrevocable, royalty-free, worldwide right and license to: use, review, assess, test and otherwise analyze the participant’s entry and all its content in connection with this contest; and feature the participant’s entry and all content in connection with the marketing, sale or promotion of this contest (including but not limited to internal and external sales meetings, conference presentations, tradeshows, and screen shots of the contest entry in press releases) in any media (now known or later developed).
d) Participant agrees to sign any necessary documentation that may be required for us and our designees to make use of the rights the participant has granted above.
e) Participant understands and acknowledges that the sponsor(s) may have developed or commissioned materials similar or identical to participant’s submission and participant waives any claims participant may have resulting from any similarities to participant’s entry.
f) Participant understands that we cannot control the incoming information that participant will disclose to our representatives in the course of entering the contest or what our representatives will remember about participant’s entry. Participant also understands that we will not restrict work assignments of representatives who have had access to your entry. By entering this contest, participant agrees that use of information in our representatives’ unassisted memories in the development or deployment of our products or services does not create liability for us under this agreement or copyright or trade secret law.
g) Participant understands that participant will not receive any compensation or credit for use of participant’s entry, other than what is described in these rules.
Please note that following the end of this contest participant’s entry may be posted on a website selected by us for viewing by visitors to that website. We are not responsible for any unauthorized use of the participant’s entry by visitors to this website. While we reserve these rights, we are not obligated to use the participant’s entry for any purpose, even if it has been selected as a winning entry.
12. Provisions concerning privacy
13. Applicable laws and competent court
These rules are governed under the Italian Legislation. Any disputes arising with respect to the rules and to the different terms and conditions included, including disputes concerning its validity, interpretation, performance, termination or fulfillment, will be of the exclusive competence of the Court of Busto Arsizio (VA, Italy); therefore, any other concurrent court elected shall be excluded.
This contest is not subject to the provisions of the President of the Republic Decree No. 430/2001 “Governance of Competitions and Prize Competitions”, in accordance with Article 6, Letter a).
Should any of the provisions of these rules be not valid in accordance with the laws, standards or regulations in force in a specific country, this shall be applied exclusively in the permitted limits. In addition to the tax legislation included in these rules, the winners of the “Wireless Power Contest” are obliged to comply with income statement procedure and, where required, provide payment of any possible taxes due in accordance with laws, standards and regulations in force in the country where the winners reside.
14. Winners List
A full list of winners will be published on this page by February 15, 2017.
Universal battery charger for toys
Professional headlight Wireless Power
Wireless patient health monitoring system